Re: [OM] Photodo lens sharpness ratings

Subject: Re: [OM] Photodo lens sharpness ratings
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 10:03:39 +0100
>What a bunch of garbage some wonderbrick numbed minds come up with.

I agree. Inferiority complex. I've seen enough LF work (quite a bit of it
first hand) to be able to tell the difference. Even a 4x5" contact print has
'something'. UK list members might know of the magazine Country Walking.
This often features the work of LF user Tom Mackie, and it is truly
stunning. I often stop off in the newsagent just to admire his work. Also
the likes of Joe Cornish don't use 4x5" for a laugh (he scaled up from 6x6cm
a few years ago), they do it because it works. Again, the proof is in the
prints. If you're happy with 35mm (and with films like Tech Pan, Velvia,
Provia F and the venerable K25 there's no reason why you shouldn't be) then
you can save yourself a load of money, hassle and trips to the osteopath.
It's all about finding the right tool for the job, and those so-called
'tests' that prove(?) 35mm is superior are a waste of time.

Simon E.