Re: [OM] TTL OTF flash spot?

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL OTF flash spot?
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam2@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 21:09:44 +0200
Tom Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx> wrote
-----
>Hi, does anyone know if spot readings work using OTF flash?
>IE, if you're using a t32 and you press the spot button, does the
>meter read the spot or the whole frame during the exposure?
>
>(OM-2s, OM3ti, OM4, OM4ti)
>

>Tom
-----
I am sorry to dissapoint you Tom but OTF and SPOT rule out one another.

Spot metering memorises the metering until the exposure is made while OTF
will close the 2nd curtain as soon as enough light has hit the film. So no
auto flash exposure is possible with SPOT.

Hope this helps

Wiliam Wagenaar,
Middelburg NL