Re: [OM] TTL OTF flash spot?

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL OTF flash spot?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 11:18:20 EDT

> Hi, does anyone know if spot readings work using OTF flash?
>  IE, if you're using a t32 and you press the spot button, does the
>  meter read the spot or the whole frame during the exposure?
>
>  (OM-2s, OM3ti, OM4, OM4ti)
>

>  Tom

Unfortunately not.  The only camera I know of that has the ability to spot
meter flash is the new Contax 645.  But even then it is not automatic.  You
have to set off the flash and the camera's internal sensor reads a white spot
off of the shutter curtain.  Next, with this information, you can adjust the
aperture. It sounds like a great way to meter for fill flash.

Maybe there are other camera but this is the only one that I know of.

Warren