Re: [OM] Problems with my Om-2n

Subject: Re: [OM] Problems with my Om-2n
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:34:58 EDT
In a message dated 00-05-26 07:11:11 EDT, you, James,  write:

> I have just purchased an Om-2n that works beautifully in "Manual" but locks
> the shutter up in
>  "Auto".  Has anyone seen this before?  The camera meters fine in both
modes
> but simply
>  won't fire properly in the auto mode.
>
>  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Actually the display in "auto" is only a suggestion of the actual auto
exposure and is taken off the cells in the viewfinder display.  But the
actual shutter speed is set off the cells that meter the shutter curtain and
film.  So the display in auto might indicate proper exposure but the actual
exposure measures off the shutter curtain and the film. However if there is
no film in the camera, exposures are measured off the black pressure plate
thus giving what seem to be very long exposures.  This might be your problem.
Try the camera with a roll of film.

Warren