[OM] Re: Nw lens tests? AF-Nikkor 28mm f/1.4D

Subject: [OM] Re: Nw lens tests? AF-Nikkor 28mm f/1.4D
From: "Tom Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 16:27:36 -0400
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Gary,

At 2000 May 23 - Tuesday 12:41, Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
spoke about *Re: Nw lens tests?...* saying

> Hi Tom:
>
> I'm just back from a 6 day photo shoot, so sorry about the delayed
> response.
>
> << Test any new lenses lately? >>
>
> Yup, mostly Nikkor and Canon FD lenses in the 24 to 85mm range. I'll
> likely be breaking out that data into a new WWW site.
>
> << Also, have you considered using an electronic flash to get rid of
> those pesky vibrations? >>
>
> I ruled it out. I always had the objective of showing what careful
> technique could attain. I had to choose between flash and daylight and
> tungsten light. The latter won out for various reasons. To change the
> procedure in mid course would be to confound the data. Now that I have
> the necessary flash cords, I might try flash with one lens - for
> comparative data purposes.

Yes, more film and time. But you could just add it on to your latest
lens test. Or test that 200mm f/4....

How many shots do you take per lens?

> There is a 1000mm and a 8mm Zuiko coming to Las Vegas this coming
> weekend. If I can figure out how to physically test them, they will be
> the latest additions.

The 1000 should be easy. Las Vegas has a lot of desert. For the 8mm,
you just need a spherical target...

A suggestion: when you update the list, how about a note about the
new tests at the top of the list, e.g.

Updates:
2000 May 23     - 50 mm f/0.95 Canon                    best: A+
2000 May 23     - 180mm T/1.3 Zoomar                    best: B-
2000 May 23     - 110mm f/0.75 Kodak Ekta       best: B
2000 May 23     - 28mm f/1.4 F-Nikkor                   best"A
and delete when it gets too full.

Tom