Re: [OM] Keeping developer chemicals fresh

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping developer chemicals fresh
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 08:05:13 -0600
At 10:19 AM 5/24/00 +0100, Ian A. Nichols wrote:

[snip]

>Garth, I have minor reservations about using this stuff for preserving
>developer, on the grounds that it contains carbon dioxide, which forms
>carbonic acid when dissolved in water, and you don't want any sort of
>acid in your developer.  I may just be getting a bit paranoid here,
>though.

Interesting.  Can't say I've noticed any problems to date, but forewarned is
forearmed (or something like that).

>I also notice that they claim that all the constituent gases are heavier
>than air, which isn't true of nitrogen, which, as I've already said, is
>very slightly lighter than air.

Yeah, after I wrote that, I remembered my Periodic Table (well, enough of it to
matter, anyways).  I'm gonna look around for some argon or something in a spray
bomb.  Liquid Air Canada might have something useful.

Garth