Re: [OM] Keeping developer chemicals fresh

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping developer chemicals fresh
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 23:45:11 EDT
garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< An alternative to this is to use a product called by various names, but
which is essentially nitrogen gas in a spray-can.  I've seen it sold in wine
shops as a solution to wine oxidation once a bottle is opened (you just fire
a couple of seconds' worth of squirts of nitrogen into the wine bottle, and
it settles over the wine in a nice layer,  >>

I used to use a similar product years ago "formulated specially for photo
use". When I went into a local camera store to get some recently there was
new brand at a new inflated price. The clerk informed me that it now
contained propane! He said they do not sell Nitrogen in a can anymore.
Bottomline read the label carefully and don't smoke! For the price of the
small can I could have bought a large tank of propane for my propane torch.

        Tim Hughes