Re: [OM] Keeping developer chemicals fresh

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping developer chemicals fresh
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:19:22 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Garth Wood wrote:

>  > An alternative to this is to use a product called by various names, but
> which is essentially nitrogen gas in a spray-can.
>

> For a better idea of what I'm talking about, surf to:
>

>       http://www.leevalley.com/woodwork/woodprod/finish/finpres.htm#top

Garth, I have minor reservations about using this stuff for preserving
developer, on the grounds that it contains carbon dioxide, which forms
carbonic acid when dissolved in water, and you don't want any sort of
acid in your developer.  I may just be getting a bit paranoid here,
though.

I also notice that they claim that all the constituent gases are heavier
than air, which isn't true of nitrogen, which, as I've already said, is
very slightly lighter than air.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |