Re: [OM] Flea in lens...

Subject: Re: [OM] Flea in lens...
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 22:46:50 +0200
Eric Pederson wrote:

> A former colleague of mine had a habit of breaking Nikon equipment
> in his anthro/linguistics field site (PNG). His best story was a standard
> Nikon lens with a cockroach between the elements. Nikon replaced the lens
> with the comment that they couldn't figure out how it got in there
> either... (Not a Japanese cockroach)
>
> I wonder whether macro photographers are more vulnerable to this
> problem... :-)

Maybe. I have a 50mm/3.5 macro which once hosted a small spider. The
spider is gone now, but its web is still present between two of the
elements.
I always wondered what it hoped to catch in there. Now I know: Fleas
and cockroaches. :-)

Regards,
Lars

--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://home.worldonline.dk/~lhaven
"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried"