Re: [OM] Re: Film loading question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Film loading question
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 13:51:44 EDT
>Recently I have had a weird incident in the film
>the camera, and inserted the tail end of the film roll
>into the take up spool, and closed the back of the
>camera.  I then started shooting off the roll of film.
> The frame counter continued to tick off each shot up
>to 36.  When I thought I completed the roll of film, I
>then started the rewind process.  The rewind was to
>easy, and there was no resistance from the film.  Has
>anyone else had this problem.  Any suggestions, to
>help me alleviate this problem for the future.

we should do an FAQ on this. There's a bunch of info in the archives
from a month or so ago. basically, you left out a step in loading the
film. After you have inserted the leader into the take up spool, you
should wind the film so that you are sure it engages the sprockets on
both sides of the film, then close the back. There are other
techniques, but that is the one I use.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright