Re: [OM] Re: Film loading question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Film loading question
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 02:51:10 +0200
On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 02:47:28AM -0400, Tom Trottier wrote:
> Hi Barry,
>
> Gee, I usually get shots on frames 1, 0, and 00, and 37.
>
> 40 in total... YMMV
>
> Tom

Tom,
I`m used to get 38 shots on a film, the 00 and 37. But since last year I`m
having some trouble with
slide #37.  Sometimes  the lab cut`s of 1 cm of the picture. They say this is
necessary to connect the
 films together with a tape for easy processing.
I don`t really believe this, because the distance of 1.5 cm in a OM-body from
the film-window to the
 cartridge  should be enough to tie 2 films together without image destruction.

Now I´m toubled again:
 Our neighbour has built a pond in his garden, so when I have to withstand his
moskitos, I shoot his dragonflys-YEAH.
 Yesterday we`ve had visit from small red and blue dragonflys.
The red one`s are very gentle I could nearly stroke them, so it was just what
my 135mm+Macrotube
 was waiting for ( they seem to take more care to big black whole, than to my
hand reaching for them).

But the blue one´s were always in motion, and sat down only for a short
periods. So I was very pleased to cach a blue dragonfly with the last shot of
the film (#37).
Now guess, what happend: another shot with a cut off. - I´m still happy to have
such a pleasant shot of a blue dragonfy, because the animal is not  cutted, but
it is still annoying.
( I guess I only make it to get a good shoot in  the first try, because the
shoot was pretermined to be ruined. From the oher 18 slide`s I got 85harp
photos and about 30 - 40ems to be worth to keep - a good ratio for the subject)
Maybe someday, when I can afford the equipment for slide duplicating, I`ll try
to restore the slide, to get a usable picture.

Frieder Faig