RE: [OM] Bounce Flash

Subject: RE: [OM] Bounce Flash
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 19:30:02 -0400
Evan,
Your original post mentioned bounce in one sentence and bounce/swivel in
another sentence, so it was a little confusing if not read carefully
(confession).

What OM body do you have Om-1, 2, 4 ???
It would make a difference in what type of body you have as far as the flash
TTL or non-TTL).

For non-TTL, take a look at:
1. Sunpak 383
2. Metz 3(x)ct1, many used, but also new.  Can also acquire a power grip
like BG2.
For TTL, take a look at:
1. Vivitar 3700, 4600 or 5600 (used only)
2. Sunpak 422D, 433D, 444D (422 and 433 are used only, 422 is best)
3. Metz 32ct3 w/OM 321 SCA adapter.

Metz will have the lowest profile, but more possibilities of red eye.  Other
bounce units will be higher off shoe, but more likely to damage shoe or
entire camera body if receiving hard bump or knock.  My recommendation would
be to use a handle grip no mater what, for better lighting and protection.
Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,
I just got a job as a photographer for my college's paper.  I do a lot of
assignments of visiting speakers and indoor work, and I realized today (on
my
first shoot) that I really need a flash with bounce capabilities.  I also
reeeally don't want to have to carry around a power bounce grip.   I'm
looking into getting a flash that can tilt and swivel on its own.  Does
Olympius make such a beast?  And if not, can anyone recommend a 3rd party
flash that isn't too expensive?  As for now i'm on the lookout on eBay.
Thanks,
Evan