Re: [OM] Olympus leather

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus leather
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 08:19:22 EDT
>If someone sends me a "skin" I can digitize it as an EPS wireframe,
then make a
>bunch of matching self-stick vinyl templates with a cutting plotter.
You could
>stick the vinyl template on the leather and use an X-Acto blade to cut
around it.
>You need to use a new, sharp blade.  I did this on an Autocord, and
it's pretty
>accurate.  (It wasn't leather, but Fargo "leatherette".)
>
>Morgan Sparks

There are some leathers that don't have the shiny finish that provide
excellent grip. I'm thinking like baseball glove type leather - smooth
but not shiny. Of course, it would absorb oils from your hands and
darken at those places, but that's part of the "charm" isn't it?

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright