Re: [OM] Olympus leather

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus leather
From: Charles Sdunek <csdunek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 19:24:38 -0400

"Riek, Christopher" wrote:

> Has anyone tried to make a pattern from a cadaver or from Jon H's
> picture? Maybe I'll try that. Next time I can find a junk body I'll pick
> it up and skin it. What is the recommended glue for reapplying the
> leather, contact cement or rubber cement?
> -Chris Riek

My Father repairs and restores cameras, and he swears by gasket shellac.  I've
seen
some of the cameras he's recovered and they look wonderful.  The shellac is so
thin
that you don't have any of the problems with puffiness or the edges raising.
Cleanup and removal is easy with denatured alcohol.

Charles