[OM] (Fwd) Question about manual Olympus Options

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) Question about manual Olympus Options
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 18:28:54 +0000
Date:          Mon, 08 May 2000 09:55:29 -0700
To:            owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From:          Jim Patterson <system1@xxxxxxxx>
Subject:       Question about manual Olympus Options

I am a 23 year user of an OM1-MD that I bought in 1977.  I have never had a
problem and also never used the matched needle metering system in the
camera.  I picked up a Luna Pro and have always used that.  My question is
are there any advantages as far as image quality with any of the newer
cameras?  I have good Zuiko lenses and have always held that the lens is
the definitive issue when it comes to picture quality.  The bottom line is
why would one ever buy a OM-3 or an OM-4Ti when one has a good working
OM-1???  Thanks!!  ( What I am trying to say here, is can anyone give me a
good sales pitch as to why I should buy another Olympus camera? )
James (Jim) Patterson
System 1
396 San Diego Ave
Ventura, California  93004