Re: [OM] An Outrage (was: on eBay) - OT!

Subject: Re: [OM] An Outrage (was: on eBay) - OT!
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 11:59:21 -0500
At 01:57 AM 5/5/2000 -0700, Gary Schloss you wrote:
>Well, imagine my shock, SHOCK!!!, when I stumble upon the following:
>

>>Gary Schloss...  shameless... commercial... cunning... disguised
>>plugs... new ploys...
>>

>Indeed!  Oh, boy.  And that's from a friend!!

Gary,

Boy is it good to hear from you.  Your migration pattern is at the cutting
edge, as I might have expected, confirming my prediction that once most of
America has lived in California at least for a little while they will end
up in Las Vegas, trying to grow Kentucky blue grass with water from the
eternal Colorado ("The Ocean Don't Need It").

BTW almost everybody is new.  The conversatives and liberals hit critical
mass on a couple of issues and all blew up.  You are the only liberal who
could duke it out with George Anderson and not make him crazy beyond the
pale.  He's gone.  Jan Steinman comes and goes, but without George to take
exception to everything he says (you think you have "outrage"?), there's no
point. Sorry Jan. ;-)

BTW you've been completely and thoroughly eclipsed by Tom Scales, whose
Zuikoholic excess is mesmerizing.  The list is like the island of the
Lotos-Eaters.  Those who remember you (excluding the Ulysses-like JW) no
longer care.  They now believe all Zuiko glass and every decent OM body
will, sooner or later, pass through Tom's hands.

As for me, I'm still trying to figure out how to put batteries in stuff
correctly. Never good at observing proper polarities.

Let me cut to the chase:  I want another Bastille Day Sale.  Dry your tears
and get cracking.  I want to buy another thin circular polarizer for $10.
I don't need one, but it would just feel so good.

(Apologies to any inadvertently left unoffended.)

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA