Re: [OM] Colour films

Subject: Re: [OM] Colour films
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 00:15:15 +0100
Acer Victoria wrote:

>re. colour film review: would there be some variation depending on the
>lens used? I think I read somewhere that some lenses are "warm" while
>others are "cool"?

Acer,

All shots were taken in identical conditions: a studio portrait with flash,
a still life using powder paints, and an outdoor scene on a flat, overcast
day. The same camera/lens combo was used for each one, though I forget if it
was the same across the subjects. Lenses by different manufacturers do vary.
It's not by a huge amount, from the results I have seen, but it is there.

The mag is testing 160-200asa films next month. If so I'll post a summary to
the list unless people object. I had a closer look at the colour print
films. Kodak Royal Gold & PJ100 (a pro film) had the finest grain & were
plenty sharp. Also gave the nicest (IMHO) skin tones. Fuji 100 was close &
more saturated. Agfa Ultra made the model look like some kind of alien. Will
post a proper run-down when I get more time.

Simon.