Re: [OM] Pictures from a Cessna

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures from a Cessna
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 23:40:12 +0200
On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 10:28:33PM -0400, Ronald Zoz wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions for taking pictures from a Cessna?
> Any tricks, tips, suggestions or warnings on exposure, shutter speed,
> film,  etc.?  I plan to take my OM2n and several lenses.  It is going
> to be a new adventure for me.  Maybe you can help me avoid some real
> basic common errors.

First: make sure not to loose or damage neither your 'beloved' Olympus
equipment nor yourself.
That means always buckle you, your camera (camera-strap) and don't handle too
much equipment
 in the tight cabin :-).

Second: Study the light carefully and take caution from what direction (to the
light) you shoot your
 motifs. Pay attention to  the shaddows. When shooting from an airplane there
is the danger to
get extreme low-contrast images, when the light isn`t suitable.

Third: Be aware of vibrations from the engine.
(be careful, when supporting your camera on the plane)

Have fun shooting, and best results.

Frieder Faig