Re: [OM] Off to Disney World until Sat with a bare bones outfit

Subject: Re: [OM] Off to Disney World until Sat with a bare bones outfit
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:33:19 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/00 8:46:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx shared:
<< Which, like Ken Norton, is where I made my first and only faux pas in
 images only to open the returned developed film and discover a total blank
 roll of unexposed film.  >>
Twice, the famous 'sprocket demons' have messed me up...
I had a disastrous experience with NOT getting the film leader in enough..two
years ago I attended the semi-sweet graduation party of my God-son who was
dying of MD. he was extremely weak at the party but still very proud to have
completed his high school. I took a roll of 36 exposures and he dies within
the week. His mother asked the week of hte funeral to develop an extra copy
of them for her, but when I went to get it out, the roll was untouched....not
only a major embarrassment but extremely sad. I would do anythign to have
been abe to have retrieved those shots!
My design firm also fabricated some historically correct silk drapery
treatments for a B&B nearby, and finally got the reluctant permission of the
owners to take photos...and, you guessed it..the sprockets holes didn't
"grab" and , needless to say, i have no shots of those gorgeous swags. I just
can't make myself approach the owners AGAIN about it....
\\

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA
"There is a destiny that makes us brothers,
None goes his way alone.
All that we send into the lives of others,
Comes back into our own."
                        - Edwin Markham,  American poet (1852-1940)