[OM] Zuiko 85 f2 vs. 100 f2

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 85 f2 vs. 100 f2
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 00:50:26 -0500
Chris,

Since choice of Zuiko lens or any other lens,
in my mind, is completely personal and I cannot
answer whether the 85 or the 100.

I purchased 100/f2.0 new back in 1987.  It was
simple reason for me at that time.  I wanted a
lens that is 1/2 angle of view from the 50mm
focal length and I wanted a fast one.  I always
used either Kodachrome 25/64 or Fujichrome 100.
So the decision was easy for me and the weight
of the lens did not bother me.  Also, since that
time, I started to use 55mm filters. And I added
a step-up ring for the 50/f1.2.

However as time went by,  I now have two Zuiko's
that have 72mm diameter filter thread.  Then
next few years 100mm filter thread (if you know
what I am talking about - 180/f2.0, 350/f2.8)
might be on their way, then a bankruptcy.

Regards,
Jim Terazawa