[OM] Whaddya say?

Subject: [OM] Whaddya say?
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:30:21 -0400
I'm sure this question's been asked a hundred times...but not by me.

Is it "Zwee-Ko", "Zoo-ee-koe", "Zwy-koe" or none of the above?

A similar question to the Rollei group to which I belong led to a long
discussion and several snitty answers from the group's snobbish,
Teutonically-oriented upper class.  I trust our friendly little clan will be
more civil.

DANGER: OT!:  I found out, though, that a Roll-ee-flex or Roll-uh-flex is
made by Roll-eye.  In fact, if you call the factory service folks in New
Joisey, they'll answer "Roll-eye service...".

BACK ON TOPIC: I guess I could call John Hermanson with my pronunciation
question, but I figure I might annoy him with such a ridiculously trivial
query.  Besides, he might be working on YOUR mint condition, hand-assembled,
Yoshihisa Maitani-autographed, prototype M-1.  The phone ringer might
startle John, and his custom-tooled, foam-excising chopstick might impale
your shutter curtain, knocking the entire apparatus off the work bench with
a resounding and body-denting "crash".

I don't want this to happen, so I've put my question to the forum.  No need
to thank me.

Craig R.
Boston