Re: [OM] OT: Yank buying from OZ

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Yank buying from OZ
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:14:59 -0700
At 08:51 PM 4/19/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Question for US list members:  I'd like to purchase a lens from an
>Australian member, but I discover the Post Office will not do an
>International Money Order to Australia!  A local bank wants $25 to do
>something equivalent, but my main objection is that it will take 4 weeks to
>process.  Ridiculous.
>
>Any suggestions?  The gentleman has already mailed to parcel! Yikes!

Joel,

Seems to me we are missing something here. Do you mean you can't get one in
AU dollars? If so the solution is easy. When my son was in OZ and short of
cash we wired funds via Western Union. Being in Canada they converted to US
and then reconverted in OZ when my son picked the $ up. Cost was negligible
and service was fast - much better than AMEX when we used them earlier.
Just bear in mind any loss in conversion is your baby as the rest of us
usually pay a premium of one sort or another to deal in USD.

Barry H