Re: [OM] OT: Yank buying from OZ

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Yank buying from OZ
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:59:01 -0700
At 08:51 PM 19-04-00  Wednesday  -0500, Joel Wilcox wrote:

Question for US list members:  I'd like to purchase a lens from an
Australian member, but I discover the Post Office will not do an
International Money Order to Australia!  A local bank wants $25 to do
something equivalent, but my main objection is that it will take 4 weeks to
process.  Ridiculous.

Any suggestions?  The gentleman has already mailed to parcel! Yikes!

Why not send US$ bills to Australia through the regular airmail in one or two letters. Chances of loosing the letter[s] in the system are likely to be very slim and the banks in Australia will give a decent rate of exchange into A$.

jh