Re: [OM] dissenting fellar

Subject: Re: [OM] dissenting fellar
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:43:25 -0500
Pulled from its context, it's flame bait.  The writer otherwise seems
generally favorably disposed toward the OM system, though generally no more
than superficially informed at it.  The comment about the "chintzy plastic
construction" is simply wrong.

As for people who shake lenses in the first place, it reminds me of a story
about Pablo Casals, who was judging a cello performance.  The piece called
for the performing cellist at one point to whack the side of his cello with
the bow.  After which Casals said to the performer, "You are not a nice man."

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA