[OM] (Fwd) OM2n

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) OM2n
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 00:42:31 +0000
From:          Dinkar Jhalera <djhalera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:            owner-olympus <owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:       OM2n
Date:          Thu, 06 Apr 00 16:02:32 PDT

Does anyone on the list know what is the correct sequence for unlocking
the mirror after a battery power down on an OM2n?

I have managed twice now to  accidentally lock the mirror when I have
fired the shutter in mistake without the batteries. I have moved the
switch to reset and the shutter dial to B but it does not release the
mirror. Last time when it happened after about a day I took the batteries
out and refitted them and then moved the switch to reset and it released
the mirror.

I think it is much easier with the OM2 when you move the shutter to
B/reset.

I would appreciate it if someone gave me a correct sequence to release
the locked mirror condition on OM2n.

Dinkar Jhalera

Email: djhalera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx