[OM] TOPE 1 is live now!

Subject: [OM] TOPE 1 is live now!
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 00:54:28 PDT
Hi Guys,

As promised, I went over to my parents' place to have access to a computer to scan my own submission, and make the most basic graphics. I apologise for not having more time to do some proper "Web Wizardry", but currently I am rather overloaded with all sorts of things, and there really only _are_ 24 hours on the day. So for now the page looks a bit sober (graphic-wise, at least), and I didn't get around to doing too fancy graphics...:(

Never fear though, the TOPE page is set-up in such a way that all events will be reachable from one page, so over the coming weeks/months (whenever I _do_ get a computer at home) I can work on the lay-out. The idea is that TOPE will be entirely separated from ADITL, so in the future George can maybe host all ADITL events, and I will do all the TOPE ones. Any suggestions are welcome though.

O.k., so before I post the URL, let me explain a little bit about the page set-up: for now, the page uses frames (and I don't see any reason to change this). I adapted the script in such a way, that it should really be "Plug 'n Play" for all the rest of the TOPE events. There are 4 subpages, being:
Main: The introduction screen (this one looks really sober for now)
Events: A calendar of the next to realise TOPE events. This will last us until the end of 2001. Gallery: The gallery that houses all the events that have been realised so far (for now only the Self Portrait one). Rules: As people often ask me about the submission guidelines, I now made a special subpage that contains them.

For all subpages comments are more than welcome. I will probably add some more graphics and maybe work on the logo a bit more over the coming time (no promises however).

Ah yes, one more thing. Dirk: I tried to see what the pages look like in white and it just doesn't work for me. Even though in a normal gallery a white background may look best, I think for an on-line one the sand colour I chose works better. Sorry...

Cool!
Now that that's out of the way, here finally comes the long awaited URL: http://www.web-wizards.com/olympus/tope

Finally: for the initial launch there are 16 submissions. Something similar happened for ADITL3, and I know several more people want to send in their mug shot still. So, have fun, and keep them submissions coming!!! :))))

Cheerio!
Olafo