[OM] questions about other low ev cameras

Subject: [OM] questions about other low ev cameras
From: "JOHN SCHEUERER" <jhs8956@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 12:15:39 EDT
  Hello all,

I was recently looking at some great lowlight photos contributed on the OM web and also remember a comment someone here made that the OM4Ti is excelent for low light photography. From the specs I noticed the om4ti ev range can go as low as ev -7 in spot metering I assume this takes at least some of the guesswork out of lowlight situations ie, astrophography,night shots etc,and I've also read that Leica has a -2 ev range on the M6. so my questions are these... Does any one out there know of any other camera{cameras} slr,rangefinder,point&shoot,medium format,aps,etc.systems,
       old or new with even near the low ev range capabilities
of the Olympus 0m4ti? Or is it an Olympus patent that other camera companies can't use or is it that they just won't use?

                               J.S.