[OM] 400 speed films and flash power

Subject: [OM] 400 speed films and flash power
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:09:22 -0800
I had a shoot last night doing a rehearsal for one of the variety / magic
acts
here in the big neon.  I used Fuji 200 consumer film which I am usually
pretty happy with.  Light was a T-32.  Most of the negs were a bit thin.
I would have also liked more back up power for such a large venue.
The T-32 was a tad weak on longer shots.  Took a lot of power with TTL.
Of course most of the background was black.
I didn't want to rate the 200 slower because I didn't want to tax the flash
power.
My questions are, which 400 speed film (consumer) has the less grain?
Has anyone used 400 rated slower at say 300 and what were the results?
Does this all make sense the way I stated it??
The shots came out OK when the printer reprinted for the faces but I would
like more punch all around.
BTW, I did get to finally meet Sigfried.
Tonight is the full show which is closed to the public I may try to get some
snaps
of the guests with the cast afterwards with 400  Fuji.

Charlie
This is a magic enthusiasts dream.