Re: [OM] One Moment Photo Contest - OM photo contest

Subject: Re: [OM] One Moment Photo Contest - OM photo contest
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 23:32:37 +0000
This is outstandingly generous of you Wayne - wow!

My Take on the 'value of gear points sytem' is that it is not a goer.
Mainly because I personally have mostly f2 Zuikos and I would not fare too
well with such a rating system ;-)

No. really, I think the idea doesn't work because someone might have 250mm
f2 but have put themselves through hell to get it - gone without food for
days, sold a kidney - such was their devotion to the craft.

Hang on a minute - it might eliminate George Anderson, Doris Fang... -
Hey, it's a great idea!   ;-)

I have doubts about the photo judging being from digital media.  I
think it would be better done from actual prints/cibas circulated amongst
the judges.  I realise this would have a negative hassle/time/cost factor.

What a man!

Giles