Re: [OM] Info on the 35-70 f/3.5-4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Info on the 35-70 f/3.5-4.5
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:51:36 -0800 (PST)
   Tom, I have a 65-200 f4 Zuiko that I would like to
trade for an 85 f2. If this sort of trade would be
acceptable to you, let me know. I will attempt to
describe accuratly this lens. The cosmetic apperance
is a 9 to 9.5 (consertive), the glass is clear and
free of fungus or other forgein material, the
focus/zoom/apature scales are bright and clear. There
is no damage to the filter ring or lens hood and the
lens mount and auto diaphram all work properly with no
sign of lubricant on the diaphram blades, (8 blade
diaphram). I have not used this lens much, it is too
big and heavy for the *very* few times I have to reach
out to 200mm. As for an 85 f2 I not too pickey, an
older SC version with moderate wear would be fine.
Things I would reject a lens for would be; element
sepration, dented filter ring, sluggish diaphram. If
you still have an 85 in your collection and think this
would be a good trade I could send you the zoom to
check out and if you like it then send me the 85. Hope
to hear from you soon.      John Robison