Re: [OM] Info on the 35-70 f/3.5-4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Info on the 35-70 f/3.5-4.5
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 10:44:43 -0600
I'm glad to hear about the 35-70.  I did buy it, for $80, which I think was
ok.  It will get a roll through it today.

Well, I'm off to soccer games today, so I'm experimenting.  This is the
first week and for the little girls, I'm not sure of the best focal length.
So, I'm covering my bases.  This is my planned kit.  Keep in mind that it is
VERY bright here today.

OM-4
100-200 f/5
Motor Drive 2
Superia 400

OM-2SP
35-70 f/3.5-4.5
Winder 2
Superia 400

I'm also letting the girls 'shoot each other'.  For them, for simplicity
(they're only 7), they are going to use:

OM-G
135 f/3.5
Superia 400

On their body, my plan is to set it for, probably, f/8 with the focus at
infinity.

Once I get a better feel for the field, I'll move them either down to a
100/2.8 or up to a 200/5 (Sorry, no way they're touching the 180/2.8).  I
just don't think introducing a zoom is a good idea.

Next week, I'll probably try the 75-150 and/or the 85-250.  What I really
want is a one-touch 65-200.  That's the reason I decided on the 100-200 as
it's a one-touch.

I'd love comments or thoughts.  I'll report my 'results' later in the day.

Tom