Re: [OM] Tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:23:10 EST
In a message dated 03/22/2000 2:25:01 AM Central Standard Time,
john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Can anyone throw a few model numbers on the list so I can
 go and study specs, price lists and so on please? >>

I'm not sure where "here" is (England?), but I use Bogen 3221 legs (black
version of the 3021) and the 3055 ball head with QR plates. The model numbers
may be different outside the US. I'm about 5'9" and can use this combo with
no center column extension.

I think many people (including pros) will say that the Bogen legs are a
second best choice to Gitzos for stability and ease of use, but would also
recommend a better (more expensive) ball head. My setup is suitable for my
budget and uses.

HTH,
Greg