Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mm vs 135mm 4.5? AND 80mm???

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mm vs 135mm 4.5? AND 80mm???
From: Chip Stratton <chipstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:58:35 -0800 (PST)

--- John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it true that the 80mm f4 must be used on the
> bellows or Auto tele
> Extension tube (because the lens only has a fine
> focus helicoid and cannot
> full-focus on it's own)?  I haven't seen one of
> these in years.

I think it would work on a 50mm extension tube (just
to allow the rear element to clear the mirror), but
you wouldn't have much flexibility in image size.

It takes the full range between 65 and 116mm on the
telescopic auto tube to range between 1:2 and 1:1
reproduction ratios.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx