Re: [OM] I shot my grandpa

Subject: Re: [OM] I shot my grandpa
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:39:19 EST
In a message dated 3/20/00 11:16:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx relates:

<< There were a lot
 of pompodors hairsprayed in place on the men....Of course, most people
 were well into their later years, and not very pretty either. Lots of
 fat people doing the dosey-doe......:-) This stuff is all pre-sexual
 revolution, but it is loaded with sex and romance in a different way.
 In the old days, single people would go to a dance to find a mate. The
 flying petticoats were I think intended to add spice to the mix, as the
 men wore thier best outfit to show off also. I think a lot of this is
 about reliving thier youths, and about acutally really relating to your
 spouse. The dance is a physical representation of the condition of
 thier relationship. If they are getting along well, then they will
 dance smoothly, otherwise, watch out! I think a lot of modern marriages
 could be improved with this type of activity.>>

Great commentary!
I too had this experience recently as my mother flew off to the west coast to
live with her cyber-lover (met playing bridge on The Zone!)..she's only 71
but he's a young 84! They sent pictures of their group doing the Virginia
Reel..and the hairdo's were something! The average weight of both males and
females was well over 200 and there were more than a couple of bad toupees,
and teh "goo-goo eyes" they were making were vintage WWII shots, but, heck,
if it makes them feel good and spunky, then I say "fiddle up"!
If you get a special shot, do post it somewhere so we can see!
Susan

Susan Steele
Heart of Va, USA