Re: [OM] Unusual macro item.

Subject: Re: [OM] Unusual macro item.
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 06:46:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Mark Marr-Lyon wrote:

> But maybe the most unusual thing about it is the 100mm/f4 Leitz
> Macro-Elmar lens on the front of it.  Somehow, I doubt these were
> ever made with OM mounts, so he must've converted that too.
<snip>
> Anyway, here are my questions.  First, does anyone know anything
> about this lens?  How does it compare with the Zuiko macros?

 DRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

  That's a superb lens by any measure, Mark. I remember the tests waxing
eloquently at its capacity for rendering fine details. A friend of mine
has one, and I have seen hundreds of plant/flower slides taken with it.
 A magnificent purchase at that price. This is the first one I've ever
heard of converted to OM. I think you got a unique item at a bargain
price. Congratulations.

                                   *= Doris Fang =*