RE: [OM] Unusual macro item.

Subject: RE: [OM] Unusual macro item.
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 01:19:32 -0500
Mark,
Just "meter away".  Either adjust lens aperture to center needle or adjust
shutter speed in full steps to do same.
Mount on tripod or sturdy mount.
As you look through the lens, close down the diaphragm and notice
differences in depth of field.  Choose what looks best for you, then adjust
shutter speed to get closest position of centered needle, then make final
adjustment with diaphragm
Any TTL camera system will do this, nothing special.
Advantage of OM-2 and other auto series is that shutter exposure does not
have to be in steps.  You can choose aperture you like, release shutter and
get proper exposure, unless time is TOOOOO LOONG.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

I just picked up a rather odd piece of OM(?) macro gear. ...>snip.

Also, how does one meter with a contraption like this?  I don't
have the rest of the hardware to use the remote flash mount, so
I'll probably just try some ambient light shots with my OM-1n.  I
would guess it would be like metering with just a non-auto
extension tube, but how do you do that?  What f/stop does the
camera think it's set to with one of these on it?

Thanks,

Mark Marr-Lyon