Re: [OM] Unusual macro item.

Subject: Re: [OM] Unusual macro item.
From: Tatu Laitinen <sara.laitinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:09:39 +0200

Mark Marr-Lyon wrote:

> But maybe the most unusual thing about it is the 100mm/f4 Leitz
> Macro-Elmar lens on the front of it.

> Anyway, here are my questions.  First, does anyone know anything
> about this lens?  How does it compare with the Zuiko macros?

Hello Marc,

One of the best macro/high-speed photographers Stephen Dalton has used
that lens from the 60´s to present. It is a very high quality lens! I
havent seen any side-by side comparisons with Zuiko macros (90/2) but
looking at his pictures proves that in the right hands it will give
excelent results. Bokeh is very nice and so is the contrast. When he
switched to Nikon he converted all his Zeiss macros to fit nikon mount.

Maybe somebody has info about the possible mounts this lens can be
converted??

Tatu J.Laitinen_