Re: [OM] Circular polarizers - slim version

Subject: Re: [OM] Circular polarizers - slim version
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam2@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 21:16:17 +0100
John Hudson wrote:
-----
> Today I bought a slim B+H circular polarizer for my 24mm and 28mm lenses.
> never thought to ask or look to see whether it was threaded to take the
> particular lens's lens hood ...... alas it is not threaded at all!
>
> Does anyone have any experience of using the 24mm and 28mm lenses with a
> slim circular polarizer and no lens hood? ....... to what extent will the
> absence of a lens hood contribute to unwanted light getting into the lens?
>
> I feel kind of foolish asking the question but so far in my photo life I
> have always used a lens hood and have not experimented doing without one.
>
> jh
-----
While I don't have a slim polariser I still want to reply.

I have used a normal polariser many times on my 24mm/2.8, allways added the
lens hood to it and never saw what I would call vignetting. Yes I see
different scales of blue in the skies, but contribute that to the diffrence
in the polarising effect caused by different angles.