Heckeled OMers, was Re: [OM] OT Tripods in Sydney

Subject: Heckeled OMers, was Re: [OM] OT Tripods in Sydney
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:59:32 -0800
Frank Ernens wrote,

===Oddly enough, I was heckled too when I took out an OM-1 (no tripod) at
the Sydney Opera House. Must be something in the water.===

I wasn't heckled and I haven't been to OZ in a long time but if I use a
black AF wonderbrick no one notices me, tripod or not.  I must look like
everyone else,
just a tourist.
But take along the OMs a camera bag and a tripod and I get people parting
the way for the "pro" or at least the "serious guy".
Lens shades and eyecups add to the attraction.  I mostly find this a benefit
as I haven't been charged a fee or thrown out of any place yet.

Charlie L.
BTW, what is the story with Luna Park?
Around 1990 I heard they were going to tear it down.