[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1514

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1514
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 18:02:58 -0500
At 12:51 PM -0800 3/15/00, you wrote:

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:35:14 +0100
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam2@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Advice Please (90mm or 100mm reasonably priced)

Paul Wallich wrote:
- -----
I picked up a vivitar series 1 90/2.5 (I think that may be the one you're
thinking of, not sure there is a 100) and am pretty happy with it,
although
I'm mostly using it for closeup work so far (I got the 1:1 adaptor and
can now macro my heart out, at least to start with). Also doing some
long urban landscapey work. In the medium distances I'm not sure I
love the bokeh (which
would be your issue, I think).

I can second his opinion on the 90/2.5 I love it too!
I hate the 1:1 adapter (2xconvertor) because of the troublesome mounting and
dismounting of this item ant the OM-adapter ring.
As for being heavy, I also have the 100/2.8 with which I am quite happy too.
It's smaller tha many 50mm lenses of other brands.

I have no trouble with the 1:1, but that's because the version I have is Oly
mount front and back. It's not actually a 2x convertor as far as I've been
able to figure out because it substantially reduces maximum focusing distance
but doesn't kill as much exposure as a 2x. (It also mounts some other Oly lenses, with amusing results)

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx