Re: [OM] scanning transparencies

Subject: Re: [OM] scanning transparencies
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:13:39 -0800
There is a film scanner mail list (hosted by http://www.halftone.co.uk)
and it seems the consensous is that the Nikon LS-30 is the best
price/performance slide/film scanner out there for a reasonable price.
When used with VueScan software (driver) this model Nikon scanner rivals
the performance of the higher end Nikon scanner (LS-2000?). Good things
are also said about the Canon F2710 as well. FWIW, I am happy with my
Minolta QS35 though it is a bit long in the tooth technology-wise. (OM
content: I use my QS35 to scan slides taken with my OMs :)...)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com