Re: [OM] OM4 problem?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 problem?
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:43:25 -0000
I wrote:
> I'm getting unsharp images. This is unheard of with Zuikos of course, so
> something must be wrong. I think the problem is that the focussing screen
is
> misaligned and so the focussing is out of kilter, i.e. when it looks sharp
> in the finder, it isn't sharp on the film.

and Bristolian Ian replied
> Hmm, If you have another focusing screen you could test this out.  Set
> up the camera in a darkened room with the back removed and focus on a
> bright object (e.g. a small torch bulb).  Now place the second screen
> against the film rails, matte side towards the lens.  If the image
> formed at the film plane is out of focus then your diagnosis is correct.

Smart idea Ian, thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

I actually got a response from Oly UK on the phone today. They have 8
approved repairers spread across the whole of the UK, the nearest is Luton
Cameras in .... Bristol! So watch out Ian, I could well be prowling your
patch soon.

Cheers
John