Re: [OM] assignment ideas

Subject: Re: [OM] assignment ideas
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 22:08:48 +0000
At 22:56 3/9/00 , Doris wrote:

>  What are you passionate about, Acer ? Go there. With your camera.
>
>                            *= Doris Fang =*

Doris, I wrote mine and then read yours.  Yours is the best idea yet.
After going back and rereading what Acer wrote, I think the real task is to
"define" yourself as a photographer . . . demonstrate your "style" . . . or
as my last instructor put it "develop your vision" and then present it.

After studying the science of light and how to manipulate it to fall onto
the film the way you want it to, pursuing hardware on eBay (and concealing
it from one's significant other), and buying an SUV to cart it all around
in, what is it all for (from a user, not a collector perspective)?  There
must be a vision of something to achieve with it all.  If there isn't a
passion for doing what is necessary to achieve the vision, it will sit in
the bag on a closet shelf, awaiting discovery by the significant other,
growing fungus and providing a home for dust mites.

Perhaps what the instructor is saying with the final assignment:  "You
should now be a 'journeyman' who can set his own goals and chart his own
course.  Show me you are worthy of the title."

GL with your shooting Acer!

-- John