Re: [OM] Cash Converters & OM-10's

Subject: Re: [OM] Cash Converters & OM-10's
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:46:56 -0000
There's a Cash Converters in my local shopping centre with lots of rarely
interesting cameras jammed tightly together on shelves behind glass doors.
The top two are compacts, a lower one or two of SLRs and the bottom one,
where you have to get on hands and knees to peer in, have a jumble of
unlabelled and mostly unidentifiable lenses.  In eighteen months of looking
in there every week, the best OMs I ever saw were OM10s - until a fortnight
after I bought my OM-40(PC), when two OM-40s appeared!

Most of the cameras bear an uninformative price ticket, marked, for example
"Minolta camera £35", and are generally well over-priced. I don't what, if
any, guarantee they offer, but I've never felt confident in them enough to
buy anything from them. They appear to have no idea about retailing cameras.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx