Re: [OM] Kodachrome (was "Zuiko 35-70 is great for Macro !)

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodachrome (was "Zuiko 35-70 is great for Macro !)
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:07:17 GMT
Keith Berry wrote:

>I don't remember any variation with 25, possibly because there is no colour
>in there until it's processed, but Agfa CT18 used to get gradually warmer in
>colour as it approached, or passed, its expiry date. There's a roll of
>Kodachrome 25 in the fridge with no box that must be over ten to twelve
>years old.  I still have the processing envelope so I must use it this
>Spring. Can a UK member confirm that the processing address is still Box 8,
>Hemel Hempstead?

Kodachrome does alter with age - either from magenta to cyan or the other
way, I forget which. I don't remember the postal address of Box 8, it was
always Box14 Hemel Hempstead... However, a roll I have dated 1997 has the
following address:
PO Box 2
Deer Park Road
Wimbledon
London
SW19 3UG

Kodak's telephone no: 01442 61122 (last time I checked).

I gave up on Kodachrome after too many processing problems. If you saw the
trannies you'd see why - they're horrible :-(

Simon E.