Re: [OM] Characteristics of B/W films

Subject: Re: [OM] Characteristics of B/W films
From: Utchat1@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:22:28 EST
Well here's my two cents worth,
   I have found nothing better that Tri-X for my 8x10 pinhole. Beautiful
Used the t-max family for a while but am once again using plus-x.
Use Agfa b/w once and awhile, it is more blue sensitive and reproduces skies
better.
The Kodak select C-41 B&W has been very disappointing but I love the T400CN.
This stuff prints beautifully on real black and white papers. With a good
lens (Zuilo of course) 11x14 are very good. This is also a nice film for 120.
I do feel a little sacrilegious using a film I don't processes my self and
one must be concerned about archival qualities here as well
I love Kodak's infrared, tried Konica, not close.
I use XTOL developer for all films except the C-41 stuff, which I have
commercially done.

I think what it comes down to is:
who processes your film, commercial or otherwise,
what developer you use and the quality of water will bring certain qualities
good and bad that will help you find the films for you.
Leslie