RE: [OM] Gitzo leg locking problems?????

Subject: RE: [OM] Gitzo leg locking problems?????
From: "Buddy Walters" <IRBWalters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 21:25:41 -0800
Hi George,
Auh, the 2 hand complaint.  I re-tighten the collars above the one that is
slipping when this happens, hard to use 2 hands.  That usually resolves the
problem.  I think I read in the instructions?? or somewhere - when you
expand a Gitzo - Start at the bottom.  When you collapse - start at the top.
But the whole idea is to make sure all the mechanisms above the one you are
turning are ALL tight.  Then you should not have any problems.

George's other ?? (PS Buddy, your Zuiko 2X has a tripod collar?)

Yep, I put a standard Zuiko 300mm f4.5 collar on my Zuiko 2X-A
teleconverter.  I did this several years ago.  Oly sent me several strips of
tape with a new collar so I used about 3 or 4 strips.  Just pull the rubber
band off and there is a neat groove the same width as the collar.  Works
great and rotation is smooth.
It will soon be a 50mm Auto Extension Tube with a Collar.  My local repair
Tech is making the modifications this week.  Now I guess I need that 90mm
f2.<g>
Buddy