Benbo and psychoanalysis (was RE: [OM] (long) whippersnapper needs legs

Subject: Benbo and psychoanalysis (was RE: [OM] (long) whippersnapper needs legs and lightmeter)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:07:46 -0800
From: Ilona Lemieux <lmx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

my crack about the "lead alloy" was apparently an insider joke(inside my
head only) I am actually a more capable machinist than jokester.

Think twice, write once. Then pretend you're a stranger, and re-read and re-write. Only THEN should you punch "Send!"

once again, no offence to those who love theirs - I¥m NOT trying to
psycoanalyse them, just myself, really!!

ps I¥m new to this net stuff, and dont know why I¥m Ilona(my wife) and not
frank(me)...

Let's see -- you don't know why you're your wife and not yourself, and then you say Benbo users are self-delusional? Who needs the psychotherapy here? :-)

I agree, Frank -- if you have any doubts, get a traditional tripod. They're simple and predictable for anyone who has used a tripod. You don't need to learn anything new to use them, which might be just what you need.

If, however, you're one who appreciates the unusual (like Olympus), you just may fall in love with the Benbo after using it a while. They don't fold up as small. They are a bit heavier than some other tripods. Their fit-and-finish is Manfrotto, not Gitzo. (Their price is Manfrotto, not Gitzo. :-)

The used ones are rare, and tend to fetch a good price, but that might be a place to start. I think a new Trekker is about $150 street, but one went for $138 on eBay recently!

So, the bad news is you might not like it, and decide to get rid of it. The good news is you won't lose much in the process.

Pax, Frank. Sorry if I reacted a bit testily to your assertion that there's nothing behind the "mystique."

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>