[OM] Re: eBay ads

Subject: [OM] Re: eBay ads
From: george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:18:59 -0800
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tnic;

More than just I have asked you not to post your auctions here. I'll
tell you once more, the list has decided that it does NOT want eBay,
Yahoo or any other auctions posted here. We encourage postings of direct
sales to our list members.

If the list host backs me up, will you stop?

tnic wrote:

> I will answer you here once and spare the list endless prattle.
> I feel your post was unfounded George.
>
> Your wrong.  We have not been through this before.

We have. Perhaps you just ignored it.

BTW, 'your' is a possesive pronoun.  What you're thinking of is the
abbreviation for 'you are', namely 'you're' as in "you're apparently not
very hip to the English language although it is your native tongue."

> You must have been grumbling  to someone else also.

What, because someone else has asked you to cease your postings?  You
think I control the minds and fingers of other list members?

> There was a LOT more Olympus content in my ebay post than your complaints!

Posting your auction does NOT qualify under "This mailing list is
supposed to be used for discussing Olympus related topics."

> The web page I found the list on has only one restriction and I quote
> "This mailing list is supposed to be used for discussing Olympus related
> topics."
>
> My post falls into that category.

Really? What was your topic of discussion?

> I as an Olympus owner enjoyed checking auctions  for Olympus equipment and
> would encourage others to do it if its not against the rules (which I cant
> find anywhere).

I'm happy for you. And, thanks so much for your encouragement.  In case
it hasn't occurred to you however, folks who are interested do check the
auctions. They don't need any prodding from you.  Other folks don't want
to be bothered with your spam.

>  What exactly are your motives for trying to silence an auction???? Are you
> a dealer?

What exactly didn't you understand about my post? Are you a moron? I
wasn't trying to silence an auction, but rather to keep your spam off
our list.

> Feel free to email me directly... unless you need to grandstand for more
> cheers and boos from the mailing list.
>
> Sir I fail to see what your  complaining  about.

Again, it's "you're".  Write it down.

george