Re: [OM] Re: macro posts please

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: macro posts please
From: "Rand E." <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 07:00:53 -0500
  Apparently those of you younger folk on the list fail to remember that
the TTL feature was introduced with the OM2 and OM2n models and they, in
all probability, remains the mainstay (due to numbers) to this day.
Remember that it will most likely be the 2 and the 2n that will remain
with the factory produced (not upgraded wi 4T ckt bd) after the majority
of the OM2s's and OM4's succumb to their frailties.
  Yes, I also own an OM4 and love it's features.  But if I go on a shoot
where I "must" get the shots I feel better if I have my OM2 or OM2n
along.
  Oh yes, one of the major reasons that went with Olympus OM in the
early '70's was TTL with macro photography on the OM2......it still
hasn't changed.
  I realize that the glamour is with the 2s, the 4's, but you also have
to remember the true work horse of the line is, and will most likely
remain, the OM2 and the OM2n (along with the non TTL OM1 and OM1n).
IMHO,
Rand E.